Common Referral Questions
Common questions that a psychological evaluation can answer:
- Are my child’s social difficulties related to anxiety, temperament, or an autism spectrum disorder?
- Does my child have ADHD?
- Is my child performing to his/her potential?
- Why is my child having difficulty learning to read?
- Does my child have a learning disorder?
- Are emotional factors, such as anxiety, preventing my child from showing his/her true capabilities?
- Is my child ready for preschool?
- What are some strategies my child and I can use to help with homework completion?
- What areas of learning should be a target of intervention for my child?
- How much of my child’s disruptive behavior in class is a result of lack of inhibition versus disregard for the classroom rules?
- What can we do in the classroom and at home to increase my child’s success?